Get hyped because Valentine's Day is coming up! On Feb 14 Mathsoc will be hosting carnival games for you to win prizes, free chocolate, and a photobooth starting at 2:00. Also, at 6:00 there will be a special performance by the Musical Interdudes ...
Get hyped because Valentine's Day is coming up! On Feb 14 Mathsoc will be hosting carnival games for you to win prizes, free chocolate, and a photobooth starting at 2:00. Also, at 6:00 there will be a special performance by the Musical Interdudes in MC Comfy! Be sure to come out to MC 3rd floor to check out all these awesome events. P.S. if you'd like to help out at this event, email email@example.com
Lockers are unavailable the first week of classes as we are clearing items from last term and resetting combinations. Check Facebook and Twitter to stay up to date on when sign-ups are open. If you have a locker from last term, please clear your items out! Thank you!
The MEF Fall 2016 Board Meeting will be held on Thursday, December 15, 2016 at 7:00PM in MC3012A. MEF will be discussing outstanding issues, funding approvals, and potential changes for the fund and its administration. If you have any concerns or would like to suggest an addition to the meeting agenda, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need a calculator for the exams? Buy a faculty approved calculator in our mathsoc office! Need your calculator to be approved? Get a pink tie sticker at the MUO (MC 4022)!
Charity Ball prices have been reduced! Please buy your tickets fast we have a limited number of tables :) If you have bought your ticket already, please go to the mathsoc office to get a refund.
This term, the theme is Happily Ever After and will be hosted at University Club!
- Performance by Waterloo Boys: 6PM
- Ticket prices: $25 for single $45 for a couple $160 for a table of 8 people
- (Including formal dinner buffet, dance, auctions, live performance)
- Dance and auction only: $10
- Ticket at the door is +5$
- Buy your tickets at MathSoc office or online at http://charity-ball2016.ticketfi.com/
Come by one of the most fun events of the fall term that you definitely don’t want to miss! On December 2nd, we are planning to host our 19th annual Charity Ball event. This year’s Charity Ball features a banquet dinner, a dance, a live performance from the Waterboys, as well as live and silent auctions with the proceeds going to the Send’em Off Smiling, a registered charity which aims on setting local children in need on a more hopeful path. We need your help in providing these children with school clothing and supplies, so they will go off smiling on that first day of school each September in Kitchener-Waterloo area.
Fall 2016 General Meeting will take place in MC Comfy on November 21st at 5PM.
- 1. Reports: President, VPA, VPI, VPO, VPF
- 2. Presentation of the Society’s Financials
- 3. Presentation of the CnD’s Financials
- 4. Presentation of MEF Director
- 5. CRO Report of Council Seats Allocation for 2017
- 6. Bylaw Updates: First Year ELAS Council Seat for Winter terms
- 7. Memorandum of Understanding Changes: Math Orientation and MathNEWS
- 8. Discussion: Business Manager, 3rd Floor Renovation, MathSoc Priorities for 2017
Free food will be provided at the council meeting for those who stay for the majority of the GM.
MathSoc Executives and Council Nomination forms will be located outside MathSoc Office and online.
- Nomination period: November 15 - 23 at 4:30PM
- Campaigning period: November 22 - 29.
- Voting: November 30 - Dec 1 at http://auth.mathsoc.uwaterloo.ca/Elections/Vote
Hey First Years, MathSoc will be running our “Math Kickstarter” event next WEDNESDAY, November 23 from 6pm-8pm @ MC!! We will be running 3 AWESOME workshops just for YOU!!
- Math Majors - if you want to learn more about the different programs UWaterloo Math has to offer and the experiences of upper years in each program, this is for you!
- Side Projects - if you aren’t sure what side projects are or want to learn more from upper years, come down to this event!
- Networking/Co-op - If you want to network with upper years and find out about their co-op experiences, attend this workshop!
You can submit CIF proposals at https://mathsoc1.typeform.com/to/F0A8yp and External Funding proposals at https://mathsoc1.typeform.com/to/jpKGh8. For anything related to long-term improvements to Math space, submit a CIF proposal. For anything else, external to clubs and MathSoc, submit an External Funding proposal. If you have any questions, email email@example.com.
To view older news, click here.